- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the black beans, corn, tomato, onion and parsley in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- To make the dressing whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Just before serving pour over the bean mixture and toss to coat. Can be kept up to 6 hours at room temperature.