Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.
Make and share this Corn and Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the black beans, corn, tomato, onion and parsley in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- To make the dressing whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Just before serving pour over the bean mixture and toss to coat. Can be kept up to 6 hours at room temperature.
Great salad. The dressing was nicely flavored with just the right amount of spice.
Wonderful combination of flavors!!! Made it first time exactly per directions. Everyone loved it!<br/><br/>I did change it up a bit second time around... I added a chopped mango, used cilantro instead of parsley, no garlic, and an extra teaspoon of sugar. I served it with a big bowl of homemade tortilla chips.
This salad is fabulous! I used fresh (cooked) corn, and added cilantro as well as the parsley. It was great...