Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas with Pepper Jack Cheese
Make and share this Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas With Pepper Jack Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer corn to medium bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil; add red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili powder and cook 1 minute; stir in black beans and cook about 1 minute.
- Return corn to skillet and toss to combine.
- Press mixture with spatula to lightly crush black beans.
- Transfer mixture to empty bowl, stir in lime juice, and season to taste with salt.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels and return pan to medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet and toast about 2 minutes.
- Flip tortilla and toast 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Slip tortilla onto cutting board.
- Repeat to toast second tortilla while assembling first quesadilla.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese, half the corn and bean mixture, and half of jalapeños, if using, over half of tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge.
- Fold tortilla in half and press to flatten.
- Brush surface generously with oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, and set aside. Repeat to form second quesadilla.
- Place both quesadillas in skillet, oiled sides down; cook over medium heat until crisp and well browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Brush surfaces with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Flip quesadillas and cook until second sides are crisp and browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer quesadillas to cutting board; cool about 3 minutes, halve each quesadilla, and serve.