Recipe by Boomette
A recipe I found in the HomeBasic, Winter 2007. I have not tried it so I took a guess for the preparation and cooking time.
Top Review by Vicky D
I added a little extra picante sauce. I may substitute the Mayo for cream cheese next time. I also added extra cheese. Needs a little heat, so I may add a little Jalapeno next time too.
Amendment Jan 2011: So I figured out the BEST combo for a quesadilla. black beans, corn, cheese, chicken, Sazon Mexican Spice blend, and chipotle powder. seriously the best ever...
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese and salsa. Spread one-quarter of the mixture onto each of the 4 tortillas.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with one-quarter of the corn, beans and onions. Fold the tortilla in half and press together.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla on the pan and cook until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip and cook the other side until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining tortillas. To serve, cut into wedges.