Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
My children like this dish, one likes more hot sauce to his serving. I had that at the table. They ask for this dish.
- 1 (19 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, well-rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- cilantro, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Saute onion and pepper in butter.
- Brown the onion for about 3 minutes, then add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until well-blended and onion is translucent.
- Serve warm, with rice or pita bread.
Great easy dish! I had creamed corn on hand and needed to put it to use. This went very well with fajitas!