1/1 Photo of Corn and Bell Peppers Stuffed Zucchini
This is a simple side dish that complements pork and grilled meats. It's not one of my personal favorites as is, because we think it's a little bland, but I'm posting it because people have so many different tastes. I like to add additional herbs, jalapenos, and/or salsa to jazz it up a bit. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed or 3/4 cup cooled cooked fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise in half; place zucchini and water in microwavable dish.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one edge or corner 1/4 inch to vent steam.
- 3Microwave on High 3 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- 4When cool enough to handle, scoop centers from zucchini, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients.
- 6Spoon about 2 tablespoons corn mixture into each zucchini shell.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Bell Peppers Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g