Recipe by KathyP53
Yummy summer or fall dish! I made this for an autumn evening appetizer and served it in insulated cups around the outdoor fireplace. Was asked for the recipe by everyone there.
- 4 cups corn, divided (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chpped
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 2 cups corn and 1 cup of broth in blender until almost smooth.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add next 3 ingredients; saute 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of corn, 1 cup broth, and puree from blender. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in cream. Season chowder with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with onions.