Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy summer or fall dish! I made this for an autumn evening appetizer and served it in insulated cups around the outdoor fireplace. Was asked for the recipe by everyone there.
- 4 cups corn, divided (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chpped
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- chopped green onion
- Blend 2 cups corn and 1 cup of broth in blender until almost smooth.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add next 3 ingredients; saute 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of corn, 1 cup broth, and puree from blender. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in cream. Season chowder with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with onions.
We had this for dinner, My two year old and husband loved it! (My husband believes dinner should be "meat on a plate") It is great and very colorfull.