Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom brought this recipe home from Bunco, raving about it. I was skeptical, but she was right--it's fantastic. Now I get asked for the recipe when I make it for parties. This is best when it's made a day or two in advance so that all the flavors get a chance to mingle.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained & rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 medium carrots, sliced very thin (or diced)
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup olive oil (no substitutions)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, beans, celery, red onion, and carrots.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (oil, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, cumin) separately and pour over the veggies.
- Mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is super-delish. The flavors wrap around each other after sitting for a few hours, and it tastes even better than when initially mixed. I used only one can of black beans instead of 2, and rice vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, but those were my only changes. Great recipe, anonymous23! Made for PAC Fall 2007.