Warning! This makes a TON of salad. Then again, it's addictive and easy to make so it's a great one for your Summer cookout repertoire! Feel free to substitute some of the beans for other types if you prefer - the original emailed recipe I got had black-eyed peas in it. Mostly what you want is a pretty firm bean so it doesn't get mushy when you mix it together. You can also bump up the jalapenos if you like the heat! We love this with scoop corn chips or baked tortilla chips for dipping.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (like Rotel)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 jalapenos, minced (remove seeds and membranes)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn and tomatoes. Mix gently. Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to distribute seasonings. Taste and correct seasoning. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to marry flavors. Enjoy.