This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. This recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. Filo pastry is easy to use, it’s light and flaky. This sounds like a truly lovely treat, perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even a light dinner.
- Preheat oven to 180°C degree oven.
- Sauté bacon in a small frying pan until bacon is cooked and set aside.
- Spray or brush a 25cm pie dish with a little oil.
- Spray the halved sheets of filo pastry with oil and place in the pie dish overlapping evenly to cover the base and sides of the dish.
- Scatter the cooked bacon and Corn into the filo lined pie dish and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, season well and pour over the corn and bacon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the egg custard is set and top is golden.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.before serving.