Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sourced from a 'Woman's Day' magazine borrowed from a work colleague. On first cooking it was very 'corny', but the next day the flavours had mellowed well. Made a minor change as we didn't have green onions.
- 30 g butter
- 2 bacon, rashers rindless, chopped
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 400 g creamed corn
- 400 g corn kernels
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Heat butter in a rather large (eg: 4 litre) pot on medium, saute bacon until golden.
- Add potato and stock. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered until potato is tender.
- Stir in milk, corns and celery, simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in chives and season to taste.