Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
Adapted from a recipe by Zinnia Martinez on Just a Pinch Recipes.com... I thought it needed some body, and added cream cheese. Works really well!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups corn (best fresh or frozen and dethawed)
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Add flour, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add corn, parsley, and half of the bacon; mix well. Pour into a 1 quart baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chives.