Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prehaet oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; saute for 2 minutes; stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually add the sour cream and cheese. Heat until it just begins to bubble, stirring constantly; add corn and heat through; stir in half of the crumbled bacon.
- Transfer corn and sour cream mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish; top corn casserole with remaining crumbled bacon and chopped parsley.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
I used a red bell pepper instead of green and used the onion. It was great. I used the parsley only for the photo. I omitted the salt, it was salty enough. I used fat free sour cream. Usually DH doesn't like things made with sour cream, but he liked this dish. I didn't tell him ;) DS also liked this. It was enjoyed by all. Thanks Parsley. Made for Market tag.
This was good and easy to make. For some reason my family didn't enjoy this as much as I did. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the parsley as I am not a fan.
This was a nice and easy-to-make side dish. I left the onions out (personal pref) so upped the green pepper a little. I also couldn't resist sprinkling just a little more cheese on top before baking. We enjoyed this very much - thanks for posting!