This is a fabulous salsa, I cannot stop making it...got the recipe from Southern Living and it really tastes good if you buy the Lime flavored chips to dip.
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels (can use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Saute first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until corn is slightly golden.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Stir together corn mixture, bell pepper, and next 6 ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in avocado just before serving.
- To add more flavor without more heat, increase the fajita seasoning by 1/2 tablespoons.