I got this out of a newspaper several years ago and have used it many times for family get-to-gethers. Don't leave anything out!
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and shredded (I used packaged cabbage such as angel-hair if I am short on time)
- 2 medium-size carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 cups prepared mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all of the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss well to combine. Cover the coleslaw and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours for the flavors to meld.
- Stir again before serving.
- NOTE: When I use packaged cabbage, I use 2 packages and chop it a little finer with a chopping blade.