Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 226.79 g rotini pasta or 226.79 g fusilli
- 340.19 g sugar snap pea (about 3 cups)
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove minced garlic
- 453.59 g peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml pepper, divided
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml grated lemons, zest of
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add snap peas to water in last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet heat 1 tb oil over medium high.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until shrimp are lightly golden, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp, add pepper strips to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften, 1-2 minutes.
- Combine with shrimp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine basil, lemon juice, zest, and mustard.
- Slowly whisk in remaining oil until mixture thickens slightly.
- In large serving bowl combine reserved pasta with shrimp mixture and sauce/dressing/vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
I used ziti because it's my favorite. The sauce is too yummy for words and the color of this dish is delightful. Served with hot French bread...a great meal.
I actually got Dh to make this and it was great. One admonition not to burn the garlic was all the direction it took. Every man should have a pasta dish in his repertoire, wouldn't you agree, ladies?
This was really good, except I just really didn't like the flavor of the bell pepper with the sauce. Could be just me :). After picking them out I liked this a lot and will definitely keep this recipe. Thanks!