Recipe by Jolene Green
This is one salad that is best prepared right before dinner and served at room temperature. The twists and turns of the corkscrew pasta are ideal for trapping the tasty dressing. Just be sure to rinse the cooked pasta under cold running water before adding the other ingredients. Otherwise, it will continue to cook in the oil and vinegar, and turn mushy.
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta"al dente" in 4 quarts of boiling salted water.
- Drain, then cool the pasta under running water.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and walnuts until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds and chop into bits.
- Combine with the beans and dressing in a bowl.
- Pat the pasta dry and add it to the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.