This is the best Irish Soda Bread recipe ever! It comes out crunchy on the outside and soft, sweet and moist inside. I got this from an old Irish cookbook in high school to make for an Irish feast we had in history class.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well and add raisins.
- Beat eggs in a smaller bowl.
- Add buttermilk to eggs and beat until combined.
- Add egg mixture to butter and dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Pour into greased layer cake pan or pie pan. (Dough will be very thick and dense).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- *Delicious served hot with butter!*.