1/5 Photos of Cork County Irish Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Midwest Maven's Note:
This is the best Irish Soda Bread recipe ever! It comes out crunchy on the outside and soft, sweet and moist inside. I got this from an old Irish cookbook in high school to make for an Irish feast we had in history class.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well and add raisins.
- 2Beat eggs in a smaller bowl.
- 3Add buttermilk to eggs and beat until combined.
- 4Add egg mixture to butter and dry ingredients.
- 5Stir until moistened.
- 6Pour into greased layer cake pan or pie pan. (Dough will be very thick and dense).
- 7Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- 8*Delicious served hot with butter!*.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cork County Irish Bread
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 579.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g