Recipe by Abby Girl
I had found this recipe from Cooking Light many years ago. Makes for a nice, light appetizer on a hot summer night!!!
- 8 tiger shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 mangoes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers for about 1 hour or longer.
- Cut the shells of the shrimps along the back and devein. Skewer the shrimp from head to tail. Place them in a shallow dish.
- Mix the coriander, garlic, lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Stir in the chili pepper, soy sauce and olive oil. Set aside.
- Peel the mangoes, then cut into thin sticks. Place in another bowl, add the red onion and toss with 1/3 cup of the coriander dressing. Chill until ready to serve.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the shrimp and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill the shrimp over medium heat until opaque at the centre; about 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad.