Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My maid here in Mumbai is 65 and a genius with kitchen handy hints and tips to cure common problems like cough, cold, pains and aches, etc. We were having a discussion over tea and breakfast this morning when she mentioned this as one of the easiest, least expensive home remedies to treat a sore throat. My Mom who is not feeling too well, tried this on her sore throat and got alot of relief from it. That got me all geared up to post this one :-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- In a bowl, soak the corriander seeds in water, overnight, and keep aside.
- The next morning, discard the corriander seeds.
- Use the water to guargle. Let it reach well inside your throat and after guargling with it, throw it out of your mouth.
- Do this as soon as you wake up, before brushing your teeth.
- Within a few hours, you will feel much better than what any allopathic tablets would have made you feel.
- May the Goddess heal you back to good health and vitality!
I can't believe this actually worked! A few weeks ago I had the most awful sore throat and no money to buy medicine. I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. It didn't even taste bad, although it took a little while to work. I will remember this next time I don't feel well. Thank you!