BayLeigh Ann's Note:
Great blend of flavors. I've served this many times and always get rave reviews. ENJOY! A friend who I gave this recipe to likes the Coriander crust so much she doubles that part of the recipe. As always adjust quantities to your families preferences. (Things are happening simultaneously - time from start of meal to finish is 45 minutes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Caramelize the onions by melting 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil over medium-low heat- Add onions and cook until browned- They will get soft and translucent first but keep cooking- This can take 30 minutes or so- Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper- Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Saute apples by melting remaining butter in a large skillet over medium high heat- Add apples and cook until lightly browned on one side- Turn over and continue until browned- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 4Combine the coriander, cumin, mustard, honey and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- 5Heat remaining vegetable oil in ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Spread the spice mixture over the pork chops and place them in the hot pan.
- 7Sear pork chops for two minutes on each side and transfer to oven.
- 8Continue to cook until done 5-7 minutes.
- 9Serve with sauteed apples and caramelized onions.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander Pork Chops With Sauteed Apples and Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.8
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 761.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 41.5 g