This is a recipe from Christine Manfield. Pesto with an Asian twist. The ingredients should be available from Asian food stores/markets. It is important to use Vietnamese mint, not ordinary mint, as the flavour is quite different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and roast peanuts over medium heat until golden.
- 2Strain peanuts from oil and cool, reserving both.
- 3Blend the peanuts in a food processor with the chilli, ginger and garlic.
- 4Add the holy basil, Vietnamese mint and coriander and half of the reserved oil.
- 5Blend to make a smooth paste.
- 6Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- 7Blend again, and gradually pour in the remaining oil as you do so, to make a smooth paste.
- 8To store, spoon the pesto into a sterile container, cover with a film of peanut oil and seal.
- 9Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander Peanut Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 124.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green bird's eye chilies