Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious, fresh-tasting chutney from Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking. I love it! I generally serve it with any Indian meal I make, but I think it's equally delicious served along-side a grilled steak or chicken. I'll have to try it with my Wedding Chicken or with steak fajitas. Bet it would be great as a marinade for grilled shrimp too. Ok - you get that I think it's delicious.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, and tender stems loosely packed
- 1 cup of fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1 cup white onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon green chili pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy, not watery. Refrigerate up to a week.
Just now I realized I didn't add the onion! But it doesn't matter- it was delicious anyway! I severed it with a yogurt marinated chicken breast.