Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006. I've not yet tried this, but thought it sounded great. Does not include time it needs to marinate.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot, heaped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- Slash the skin of of each chicken leg quarter about four times, this will allow the marinade to penetrate the meat better.
- Place in a large freezer bag.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour the marinade into the bag. Shake well to make sure all the chicken portions are coated.
- Close the bag securely and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Light your bbq and preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Place the chicken on a baking tray and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and finish off on the bbq until the skin is nicely charred (not burnt) and the chicken is fully cooked.