Recipe by -Sylvie-
This was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006. I've not yet tried this, but thought it sounded great. Does not include time it needs to marinate.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot, heaped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slash the skin of of each chicken leg quarter about four times, this will allow the marinade to penetrate the meat better.
- Place in a large freezer bag.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour the marinade into the bag. Shake well to make sure all the chicken portions are coated.
- Close the bag securely and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Light your bbq and preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Place the chicken on a baking tray and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and finish off on the bbq until the skin is nicely charred (not burnt) and the chicken is fully cooked.