1/6 Photos of Coriander Lemon Chicken
A mild Indian dish with lots of flavor, the original recipe from Madhur Jaffrey calls for chicken parts, if you use those buy a bit more chicken and adjust the cooking time. Found this recipe about 20 years ago and it has become one of our favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs, cut in large chunks
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger, mixed with
- 4 tablespoons water
- 7 ounces fresh coriander leaves, washed and very finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped and deseeded green chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 5 fluid ounces water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Heat the oil and brown the chicken, you might have to do that in batches, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2Add the garlic to the same oil, when that starts to brown lower the heat to medium and add the ginger/water mix, fry this for 1 minute Then add: coriander, chili, cayenne, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt, cook for another minute and mix well.
- 3Return the chicken to the pan, with the accumulated juices, add the water and the lemon juice.
- 4Stir, bring to the boil, and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes, depending what chicken meat is used.
- 5When cooked and you find the sauce too thin, uncover the pot and reduce the sauce by using some higher heat.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 33.5 g