Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
i found this recipe in the november (2003) issue of health magazine, when i was searching for an impressive meal to fix for a date. this did the trick. i hope you enjoy as much as we did.
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs racks of lamb, frenched and trimmed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Combine blackberries, broth, honey and cardamom in a saucepand and bring to a boil.
- simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- crush the blackberries with a fork.
- Place berry sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place coriander and peppercorns in a grinder or food processor, pulse until coarsely ground.
- stir in salt.
- brush lamb with olive oil and rub coriander mixture onto lamb.
- Wrap the the ends of bones with fiol and place lamb fat side down in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- roast for 18 minutes or until the meat thermometer reaches 135 degrees.
- let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir berry mixture into roasting pan, scraping up browned bits from bottom.
- drain sauce from roasting pan and pour into a saucepan.
- boil and reduce to a simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- spoon sauce onto serving plate and top with lamb.
- excellent with rice pilaf as a side.