Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious glazed carrots with the taste of coriander. We love these!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 10 coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish (cilantro)
- With your mortal and pestal (or with a mallet, etc) crush your coriander seeds.
- Place the carrots and the crushed coriander seeds in a heavy saucepan along with 3 Tbsp butter, honey and salt to taste.
- Just barely cover the carrots with water, bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer until carrots are tender.
- Remove lid and bring to a boil again, reducing the liquid to the consistency of syrup, shaking pan occasionally so your carrots do not stick to the pan.
- Once syrup consistency is formed, add remaining tablespoon of butter and shake around to thoroughly glaze carrots.
- Transfer to your serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander.
This was surprisingly very good. I was a bit skeptical to start with but the taste convinced me, thanks!