Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe while making Sunday dinner a couple of months ago. I tend to be a dump cook so I haven't really measured anything. The amounts are just estimates.
- 2 cups baby carrots or 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Removed lid and turn heat up until the sauce is thickened.
- Add a little cornstarch mixed with cold water if the glaze is too thin.