Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
the coriander adds a nice flavor to the sauce, can be grilled too.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- press coriander into both sides of flank steak.
- stir together remaining ingreds and pour over flank steak, marinate 10 minutes or longer.
- heat broiler, broil steak 5 mins per side for med rare,let it rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
This is a great marinade, but.... next time I will add more garlic. Yum!!
I needed a quick, easy marinade for flank steak today and this one came through for us wonderfully. I didn't have the seeds, so I skipped that part but did the rest as written (except that I doubled the marinade because I had a honking big flank steak from Costco), but I did score my flank steak so that the marinade would really get in there. We loved the flavor of the grilled cilantro! I served this with grilled asparagus and a bunch of leftover linguine with white clam sauce from dinner out last night. What a memorable dinner! Thanks Chia....we only get beef once each week and I'm so glad I chose this recipe :)
Golly Chia, This is delicious. We love flank steak anyway, the coriander marinade is sooooo good. My Dh loved it. I served it with s'kat's Brie Stuffed Jacket potatoes. We had a very good dinner. Thanks for the recipe