Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love what a hint of coriander does for basic vanilla drop cookies. Number of servings (i.e., number of cookies) is an estimate, depending on the size of the teaspoonfuls of batter you use. Cooking time assumes you bake it in two batches.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- Cream the shortening, gradually add in the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until blended.
- Sifted together the flour through coriander.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the shortening-egg mixture and mix well.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or sheets.
- Bake at 400° about 10 minutes until done.
These are wonderful cookies and the coriander leaves people wondering what gives them their unique flavor. Great with hot chocolate and tea!
I made these today. The instructions lack where to put in the coriander. I added it to the dry ingredients. The end result is a very soft cookie with a slight hint of coriander. I would maybe increase the amt next time. Thanks for an easy recipe!