Recipe by Renee D
The original version of this recipe calls for fish, but I'm a vegetarian so I substituted tofu and it turned out great!
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces tofu, fillets, about 6 ounces each
- chopped mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, garlic and cumin. In a separate bowl combine the coriander seeds, curry, salt and pepper.
- In a very large nonstick skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, dip the tofu into the yogurt mixture to lightly coat each side, then sprinkle each side with the curry mixture, dividing the seasoning evenly among all the tofu.
- Immediately place tofu in the hot pan and cook until just done, about 2½ minutes on each side. Serve with a light sprinkling of chopped mint.