Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light archives
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup plum tomato (diced, about 3 tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Combine coriander, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- Combine tomato and next 5 ingredients (through beans) in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and toss well. Serve salsa with fish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Looks wonderful, my friend just discovered the taste of cilantro and I'm passing this on to her. ALSO, I'm trying it for my son's next visit.