Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Chef Jimmy Chok, courtesy of my favourite food blogger, Chubby Hubby. This is in his section of simple recipes, and it is yummy!
- 2 racks of lamb (frenched, each should have 8 ribs)
- 100 ml hoisin sauce
- 200 g coriander leaves (chopped)
- 50 g coriander seeds (freshly toasted and pounded)
- 250 ml hoisin sauce
- 200 ml tomato ketchup
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 3 red chilies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Marinate the lamb with 50ml of the hoisin for an hour.
- To cook the lamb, sear the meat on a hot pan and roast in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread 50ml of the hoisin on the lamb and crust with the coriander leaves and seeds.
- Set aside the lamb to rest.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and whisk until the sauce is well mixed. Heat before serving.
- Slice your chops when ready to serve, and top with sauce to taste.
So Yummo!! Ok I forgot to read the directions so I didn't marinate the lamb but it came out tasty anyway. Husband loved this twist as I usually do the normal rosemary lamb. Keeper for sure! Thanks!! :)
This is just fabulous. *Very* simple to make and fantastic flavour. The orange really shines through. We did end up cooking ours for slightly longer but that certainly is personal preference. A company worthy keeper.