Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Chef Jimmy Chok, courtesy of my favourite food blogger, Chubby Hubby. This is in his section of simple recipes, and it is yummy!
Top Review by LadyMarine
So Yummo!! Ok I forgot to read the directions so I didn't marinate the lamb but it came out tasty anyway. Husband loved this twist as I usually do the normal rosemary lamb. Keeper for sure! Thanks!! :)
- 2 racks of lamb (frenched, each should have 8 ribs)
- 100 ml hoisin sauce
- 200 g coriander leaves (chopped)
- 50 g coriander seeds (freshly toasted and pounded)
- 250 ml hoisin sauce
- 200 ml tomato ketchup
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 3 red chilies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the lamb with 50ml of the hoisin for an hour.
- To cook the lamb, sear the meat on a hot pan and roast in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread 50ml of the hoisin on the lamb and crust with the coriander leaves and seeds.
- Set aside the lamb to rest.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and whisk until the sauce is well mixed. Heat before serving.
- Slice your chops when ready to serve, and top with sauce to taste.