Recipe by Chabear01
As taken from the AARP magazine Eating Well Romantic Dinner for Two. Serve these chops with steamed asparagus and roasted new potatoes.
- 4 lamb rib chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- more olive oil, for greasing the grill
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops and place them on a flat plate.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a small bowl, then rub the mixture over the chops. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, then add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes, flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for the medium rare or 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
- Allow the chops to rest 5 minutes before serving.