Recipe by A la Carte
I make this or a variation of this all summer long. Try it with a salad a mixed greens and fresh herbs with a green godess dressing... mmm. Don't forget the white wine! The recipe is from Bon Appetit from many years ago. If you love garlic, finely mince some with the parsley and orange peel...
- 36 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup coriander seed, coarsely crushed
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the orange peel and parsley (and a chopped clove of garlic if you like it) in a bowl and chill.
- Mix the corander, pepper and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Sprinkle the salmon with a little salt. Coat salmon on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter and 1/2 Tbsp oil in a heavy large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add 3 salmon fillets. Cook fish until the crust is golden and center is opaque, about 4 minutes per side. (I like salmon on the rare side, so cook only 3 minutes if you do too).
- Transfer to a platter, tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe skillet, and then repeat with remaining butter, oil and salmon.
- When all the salmon is done, spoon the fresh parsley mix on top and serve.