Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Recipes4us.co.uk for Tunisia for ZWT9
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Just fabulous, what can I say! I had to use diced chicken breasts as I didn't have thighs, but it didn't make much difference, we really liked that this delicious dish didn't contain cream (I'm a horror at throwing cream in everything), I loved the lemon slices and DH loved the olives! very easily prepared, redolent with flavour, a new favourite! I might just add that I added the coriander with the lemon slices and olives, hope that was right, and used a little for garnish. Great recipe, thanks Lynn, made for ZWT Pink Panthers On The Prowl
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander (Cilantro)
- 4 ounces black olives, pitted
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Reheat the oil, add the garlic, onions and turmeric and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning from time to time.
- Return the chicken to the pan together with the basil, salt and pepper, mix well then add enough water to just cover the chicken. Bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring from time to time and adding a little more water if necessary, until the chicken is very tender.
- Add the olives, cilantro, and lemon slices and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve over couscous.