Recipe by Brian Holley
Quick and easy to make. This tastes wonderful, looks great. Yogurt gives it a creaminess and the almonds class. You can prepare the chicken the day before cooking.
Top Review by Luschka
This was lovely! I added a bit more water to make more 'sauce' which was totally delicious. I didn't have time to marinade overnight, and it was still great. We served with saffron rice and naan bread.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 fluid ounces warm water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken joints into two.
- Mix the garlic into the yogurt and pour over the chicken, leave to marinate over night.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions till golden. Remove the onion from the pot, keep aside.
- Fry the coriander, black pepper; mixed spice and turmeric for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and the yogurt marinade. Turn heat to medium and fry the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, water, stock cube and the onions. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Serve garnished with the sliced eggs and sprinkled with the paprika.