2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Coriander lends subtle but exotic flavor to this year-round favorite. The longer the meat rests, the more juice it will retain. I found this recipe in Cooking Light Magazine, December 2005 and we made this for a Thank You Dinner for a group of 6 - lovely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs beef rib eye roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- 6 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions (about 5 large)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- parsley sprig, garnish (optional)
- sage sprig, garnish (optional)
- rosemary sprig, garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Sprinkle roast with salt.
- 3Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl; rub over roast to coat.
- 4Combine coriander, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- 5Sprinkle evenly over roast.
- 6Place roast in pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 300F(do not remove roast from oven) and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted into center of roast registers 135 degrees.
- 8Remove from oven, and tent loosley with foil.
- 9Let stand at least 15 minutes before thinly slicing.
- 10While roast bakes, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 12Add onion, rosemary, sugar and garlic cook 20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 13Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 14Add onion mixture to roasting pan for the last 15 minutes of baking time.
- 15Garnish with parsley, sage or rosemary, if desired.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander, Black Pepper-Crusted Rib Roast W/ Roasted Onion
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 316.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth