Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For Zaar World Tour II (Asia/Indonesia) Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1983)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, mnced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- fresh cilantro stem, garnish
- Combine all ingredients, except for oil and cilatro in a large bowl and then shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute patties to desired degree of doneness (2-5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels and garnish with cilatro, if desired.
I used this recipe for our food cart in the Tradition with a Twist challenge during ZWT#9. We made them into kebabs instead for easy finger food and they were a hit at the dinner table ! Doubled the coriander and chopped up some fresh cilantro to mix right in the beef. Thanks for posting this recipe ellie_! Made for Tasty Testers. :)
Not a bad recipe...I would add another garlic clove and increase the nutmeg but all in all excellent choice. We served it with salad and potatoes and we both enjoyed it. I think I will make it again with the adjustments...thanks!
This was wonderful went on and fixed today rather than tomorrow and am glad I did it gave us a change of pace from what the "grub" as my mother always called it. You know, meat, potaotes, beans, corn, fried apples, cornbread and that kind of food. Thanks for a great recipe.