Recipe by ellie_
For Zaar World Tour II (Asia/Indonesia) Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1983)
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
I used this recipe for our food cart in the Tradition with a Twist challenge during ZWT#9. We made them into kebabs instead for easy finger food and they were a hit at the dinner table ! Doubled the coriander and chopped up some fresh cilantro to mix right in the beef. Thanks for posting this recipe ellie_! Made for Tasty Testers. :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, mnced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- fresh cilantro stem, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except for oil and cilatro in a large bowl and then shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute patties to desired degree of doneness (2-5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels and garnish with cilatro, if desired.