Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the "FOOD" column's "Mad about mutton" article by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine. I hope you enjoy this one!
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 1 kg mutton, washed, cleaned and cut into medium pcs
- 2 medium onions, peeled, washed and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, washed and chopped
- red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
To be ground to a paste
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 3 -4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tbsps. ghee in a pot.
- Add mutton and brown well.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the rest of the ghee in a pot.
- Add onion and fry it until it is golden in colour.
- Add tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the ground masala, red chilli powder and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add mutton and cook on low heat.
- When almost done, add salt and kasoori methi.
- Mix well, cover and cook until done.
- Serve hot with tandoori parathas or naan or rotis or kulchas.