Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the famous Indian Chef, Sanjeev Kapoor's no-fat chutney that he recommends to dab on your sandwiches to make them look more appetising! Enjoy these with the Paneer cutlets recipe that has been posted separately:)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, cleaned, washed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, cleaned, washed and chopped
- 2 -3 green chilies, washed, stems removed, ends trimmed and chopped
- black salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Put the corriander and mint leaves alongwith the green chillies and a little water in your mixer and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Remove from mixer into a serving bowl.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve alongside cutlets, kebabs, etc.
- or as a sandwich spread.
- NOTE: As a variation, add plain low-fat yogurt to the chutney and mix well (1 cup yogurt for 2 tbsps. of chutney).
This was delicious! Just exactly the flavor I was hoping for, too. Ate this with your Indian Samosa's recipe# 15348. I used fresh mint leaves from my own herb garden which is always fun. I did add the yogurt to the chutney and it was wonderful. I didn't use as much yogurt as directed per 2 Tbls; I used considerably less, but it was perfect just the same. Thanks for the great chutney recipe!