Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast meal to prepare, fresh flavours and healthy for the family. I love the softness of the chickpeas and the bite of the chili.
- 660 g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 8 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons bottled crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled chopped red chile
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 (300 g) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium egg tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make coriander chili sauce by blending or processing the 8 green onions, garlic, chili, 1/4 cup coriander and sugar until finely chopped. Add fish sauce and lime juice, blend well until combined.
- Make chickpea salad, by combining remaining ingredients (except chicken) in large bowl, toss to combine.
- Cook chicken, in batches on heated oiled grill plate, (or grill or barbecue) until almost cooked through. Brush about two-thirds of the coriander chili sauce all over the chicken, cook further 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with chickpea salad.