Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I borrowed this recipe from Epicurious. It has all CORE ingredients and is delicious!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow baking pan. Arrange potatoes in 1 layer and roast, stirring halfway through roasting, until tender, about 25 minutes total. Stir together cayenne, zest, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk together lime juice and remaining tablespoon oil in a medium bowl, then add potatoes. Sprinkle with cayenne mixture and cilantro, stirring gently to combine.
- Makes 4 servings.
Absolutely yummy! All flavours melded beautifully together. A lovely change. Will definately be making this again. Thank you for sharing. Made for African Recipe Fun.
I loved this recipe! The tart from the lime with the contrast of the sweet potato, the spicy heat, and the boost from the cilantro made this recipe a keeper in my book! I selected the recipe after seeing justcallmetoni's photo in Fall 08 Pick A Chef an am so glad I did! Thank you for sharing!
Finishing off my Core week I was looking for a tasty side to pair with a salsa baked chicken. While making this I realized I was a little short on sweet potatoes and supplemented with cubed butternut squash. I love the spicy sweet combination with the tangy hit from the lime. Much gusto. Made for Pick a Chef Fall 2008.