Another Rachel Ray recipe - this uses ground turkey which I use in a lot of recipes! Serve this with whole berry cranberry sauce or chutney.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 celery rib, with leafy top finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 slices white bread, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices honey-baked ham
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, celery, thyme and paprika.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground bread and milk and then squeeze the crumbs as you transfer them to the meat mixture.
- Mix in the egg, parmigiano-reggiano and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a foot-long piece of wax paper on a work surface. Using a rubber spatula, spread half the meat mixture on the wax paper to form an 8-inch-square. Top with the ham and swiss cheese, then the remaining meat mixture, forming the same square shape.
- Seal the edges to enclose.
- Cut into 4 square patties and coat each in the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 inch olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and fry turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.