1/3 Photos of Cordon Croquettes - Rachael Ray
MA HIKER's Note:
Another Rachel Ray recipe - this uses ground turkey which I use in a lot of recipes! Serve this with whole berry cranberry sauce or chutney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 celery rib, with leafy top finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 slices white bread, finely ground
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices honey-baked ham
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, celery, thyme and paprika.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the ground bread and milk and then squeeze the crumbs as you transfer them to the meat mixture.
- 3Mix in the egg, parmigiano-reggiano and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread a foot-long piece of wax paper on a work surface. Using a rubber spatula, spread half the meat mixture on the wax paper to form an 8-inch-square. Top with the ham and swiss cheese, then the remaining meat mixture, forming the same square shape.
- 5Seal the edges to enclose.
- 6Cut into 4 square patties and coat each in the bread crumbs.
- 7In a large skillet, heat 1 inch olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and fry turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cordon Croquettes - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 45.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: