Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make, very filling.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 5 1⁄2 ounces Shake-n-Bake, extra crispy
- 12 ounces smoked ham, thin sliced
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, 8-12 slices
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- *Preheat oven to 400.
- *Take the thawed chicken breast and slice in half lengthwise, do not cut it all the way through, leave the pieces connected so that you can fold it over to form a sort of pocket for the ham and cheese filling.
- *Shake the chicken in Shake-and-Bake until fully coated.
- *Lay the chicken flat and place, 1 slice of provolone, about 5 slices of ham and then one more slice of provolone, on one side of the sliced chicken breast.
- *Fold the other half of the chicken breast over the fillings, making sure to get it as tight as possible so that nothing falls out, secure the chicken breast with 3-5 toothpicks.
- *Repeat with the additional chicken breasts.
- *Bake for 20-25 minutes on a buttered baking sheet (glass or metal), so that the chicken breasts don't stick.
- *While the chicken is cooking, get a medium sized pot, pour in the two cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, package of Gorgonzola cheese, flour, garlic and parsley.
- *Stir frequently on medium heat until all the Gorgonzola cheese is melted, cover and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally until the chicken is done.
- *Pour over the chicken as desired.