Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy-to-make dinner or lunch sandwich that looks and tastes great. It is from Quick Cooking magazine and is credited to Diane Schuelke.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in X 8-in rectangle; spread with butter.
- Top with ham, cheese and chicken.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minute.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This was the recipe that my husband picked for our weekly dinner menu and it will definitely be made again! The only change that I made to the recipe was that I added mild banana peppers. The hardest part of making this recipe was getting the dough to roll out into the 10x8 square. We also made another stromboli with turkey and cheddar but the Cordon Blue boli was leaps and bounds more delicious than the turkey boli. I took the advice of other reviewers and I baked both bolis on a metal cookie sheet at 400 for 30 minutes and I had no problems with the inside being doughy. This fed our family of 5 (including a toddler) and we had about a quarter boli of each kind leftover. Thank you for posting.
HA! That's my mom! (Diane) It was funny when we saw this in the cookbook as we are MUCh more simple than that!! We simply use bread dough, left over chicken, ham, and what ever cheese is on hand. Then we simply bring the sides together and seal the ends then bake. It's a GREAT way to use up leftovers!!
This was excellent! I used frozen pizza dough instead and it worked beautiful. I think next time I will serve it with marinara sauce?