Recipe by * Pamela *
Adapted from Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals.
Top Review by VenomousKate
This was a BIG hit with my family! I made it for a OAMC cooking session, so instead of shaping it into one long roll I made it into three smaller ones. Wrapped and froze them, then defrosted them before baking for dinner. Delicious! The combination of flavors really does taste like Cordon Bleu and pleased even our youngest child. I loved how simple this was to make. It's now a regular feature on my OAMC sessions. Thanks, *Pamela*!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground chicken
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham (old fashioned, honey, blackforest, your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Press chicken mixture into a 8x10 rectangle.
- Place cheese slices on chicken mixture, then top with ham slices.
- Begin rolling from short side of the rectangle (using the foil will help shape the roll and make it easier to roll up).
- Press ends of roll together and place on greased baking sheet with the seam side down. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 -75 minutes or until roll is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Slice to serve.
- To freeze: wrap baked chicken roll, label and freeze.
- To serve: thaw overnight and then bake as above.